Thursday, September 21, 2017

Canva (Infographics)

I chose Canva to work on my infographic. In Canva, you can create a free account and make photo collages, cards, posters, flyers and other designs. I liked working on this app because it let me choose from a variety of layouts to make my infographic. It also provides you with different kinds of texts, backgrounds, pictures, and you can upload your own as well. I used free pictures from Canva to make my infographic and could easily find the ones I was looking for. The layout just made it easier for me to edit my infographic and add information instead of working on creating one from the beginning.


Layouts to make an infographic

I think it could be a good idea to use Canva in the classroom to display important information about the topics we teach, as well as key ideas about our classes. For example, we can show steps to do a project or research, or as I did, tips to study a foreign language. If we use infographics (or other visual items) to present content, students will feel more interested. Its attractive pictures, designs and graphics will encourage them to read and analyze the information we are showing them.

In my opinion, this app would be useful for middle and high school, and it might be a little complicated for younger children to use because of all the editing involved in the design of an infographic (besides the fact that you need an email to create an account). Students also need to analyze and select data to use in their infographics, so younger children may probably have some problems doing this. Anyway, I think they might be able to use it for simple things like basic maths graphics or simple step-by-step guidelines, for instance.

I think this app could be beneficial for students as they will be able to design infographics to show the knowledge they acquired and summarize topics. It would be nice to see how students interpret information in different ways and share ideas with their classmates in their presentations or discussions. Another advantage of this tool is that it isn’t time or money consuming. Students don’t need to spend hours designing something and they will have everything on the computer instead of printing lots of papers and buying material for their projects.

Link to my Infographic😃:

When you study a foreign language...



1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Canva revolutionised my work. I work as a PR & marketing manager in hospitality and I don’t have a big marketing budget, so Canva is perfect for me. 1$ for picture is not so much but I can create some nice offers for our clients. Here you have an example of my work: http://www.dwor.pl/pl/klienci_biznesowi/spotkania_wigilijne/ and it was only for 2 $ It’s a nice alternative for Shutterstock etc. Fonts are beautiful, it is very creative thinking to learn how to mix them. I use it also on my personal blog

    ReplyDelete

SUMMARY OF LEARNING

To show you a summary of my learning process, I created a Prezi presentation, which allowed me to show you different topics in an interact...