Saturday, November 25, 2017

Major Project – Before and After Assessment

For my Major Project, my goal was to learn how to make some Peruvian dishes. I chose to do this because I am from Peru and I really wanted to know how to cook some Peruvian food now that I live far from home. I miss the food a lot and I have to admit that it was my main motivation to learn this. 

I think this project was a great experience and I had lots of fun during these five weeks. My main concern at the beginning was the time. I am good at cooking, mainly baking, but these dishes were real challenges for me. I didn’t only need to wait for some ingredients that I bought online but most of the recipes had lots of steps. I think that is why I never felt like cooking while living in Peru. It is just too much work, but I have to admit that it is so worth it! Something else that presented a challenge for me is that I had to be really organized not to forget to take pictures or make videos for every step of the process. My husband helped me with the video I made for one recipe, but besides that time I worked cooking and taking pictures at the same time by myself, and that wasn’t very easy.

I am also glad I got to manage to use many cool tools we learned about during class. I used Bubbl to make my Major Project concept map at the beginning of this project. I used Thinglink to show the ingredients for each recipe. I liked that it is an interactive way to display many items in a picture but I also liked that I could include links so readers could learn about certain Peruvian ingredients. Another cool tool I used a few times is Canva. I made an infographic and a collage to show the steps of two recipes. I think this cool tool is very easy to use and I really enjoy all its features. Haiku Deck is another cool tool I used to make a slides presentation for two recipes. Finally, I used Kizoa to make a video. This was the first time I made a video so I felt very nervous. However, this cool tool was very user-friendly and I think I did a good job with it.


Overall, I feel very proud because my cooking skills improved a lot and everything I made tasted great. I finished with everything I had planned to do on time and now I know how to make some Peruvian food. I will definitely make these dishes again and use everything I learned during these weeks. 😊

2 comments:

  1. Wow Wendy! I really enjoyed your Major Project. It was unique to do food from Peru. It was new for me to see all that you created too. I wish I could have tasted! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your Haiku Deck slides. I'll have to try that too.

    ReplyDelete

SUMMARY OF LEARNING

To show you a summary of my learning process, I created a Prezi presentation, which allowed me to show you different topics in an interact...