Tuesday, November 21, 2017

WEEK 5 - "Lomo Saltado"

For the last week of my Major Project I decided to make "Lomo Saltado". This is my favorite Peruvian dish, which is a stir fry that contains beefsteak. That is why I decided to make it last. The recipe I used is from Tastemade, where they have a video showing the steps to make this delicious dish. This is the list of ingredients I needed for this recipe:
  • 1 1/2 cups french fries, baked or fried
  • 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
  • 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
  • 4 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges and seeded
  • 3 tablespoons aji amarillo paste
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • Cilantro to serve
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • Oil for pan

Made with Thinglink
(Click here if you can't see the interactive version of my Thinglink project)

Most of the ingredients were very easy to get as I already had the aji amarillo paste from Peru that I bought for the first week of my Major Project. I cooked white rice to serve with the "Lomo Saltado" and I skipped the fresh cilantro.

It took some time to get everything ready (make fries, slice vegetables and steak, etc.), but once everything was done it was all about mixing the ingredients and season them. I made a HaikuDeck presentation to show you the steps to make "Lomo Saltado". If you can't see the slides presentation, click here.


Made with HaikuDeck

This dish was really delicious! I think it is the one I liked the best from all the recipes I made. I can't describe how excited I am because this is my favorite Peruvian dish and now I know I can get all the ingredients to make it here. My husband loved it and he can't wait for me to make it again. 😆

My "Lomo Saltado"

So this is the end of week 5 and I am done with all my recipes. I am really glad I had time to finish with everything that I had planned and that all my dishes turned out great. I hope other people decide to cook some Peruvian food after reading my posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SUMMARY OF LEARNING

To show you a summary of my learning process, I created a Prezi presentation, which allowed me to show you different topics in an interact...