Saturday, September 16, 2017

Chirbit (Audio Tool)

I chose to work with the audio tool Chirbit. In this website, you can record your voice and create playlists. You just need to create a free account and then you can access all its available features. One thing that I like about Chirbit is that it lets you upload recordings from your phone, which can be easier and more convenient for some people. You can also add songs, because each audio file can last up to 5 minutes. Another interesting feature is that you can access profiles and add songs or recordings you like to your ‘favorites’ list (if you want to listen to them later).

How to record a Chirbit

In my opinion, Chirbit could be useful for both teachers and students. I could create playlists with Spanish topics we study in a class, so my students have access to them and can practice more pronunciation at home. I think it could be very helpful for them because they could also download them on their laptops or phones and practice wherever they are.

I think students could be able to create their own digital media artifacts, because they would definitely enjoy working in groups and recording roleplay conversations or maybe lists of Spanish vocabulary. This could also help me gather information about the areas in which my students are struggling and it would make it easier to assess them permanently. However, as with some of the other tools I reviewed, I think this app would be easier to use for high school and maybe middle school students, and we could have to monitor younger students very closely, as this might be more complicated for them. Also, as a teacher I would try to group students in a way that they all have access to at least one computer, because we know some students don’t have one.

Something I think could be very interesting is the fact that all the students can access each other’s work (they can follow each other with a link to their profiles), so they would be learning to publish what they create and being introduced to a sharing community.


Link to my Chirbit playlist:

Saludos y Despedidas en EspaƱol

I only recorded a few phrases in Spanish, but I think a whole playlist for every topic we study in class could really help students in my classroom. šŸ™‚


Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment

SUMMARY OF LEARNING

To show you a summary of my learning process, I created a Prezi presentation, which allowed me to show you different topics in an interact...