Thursday, October 26, 2017

WEEK 1 - "Tallarines Verdes"

So as told you before I decided to learn how to make some Peruvian food for my Major Project! This is the first week of my Major Project and I made a dish called "Tallarines Verdes" (Spaghetti with green sauce). This Peruvian dish is very similar to spaghetti with Italian pesto sauce. However, it has some different ingredients such as evaporated milk and fresh cheese.  
I used a recipe from Special Broadcasting Service (SBS), where you can find recipes and cooking videos from all over the world. This recipe required the following ingredients:
  • 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
  • 1 onion, finely sliced
  • 2 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 400 g spaghetti
  • 200 g baby spinach leaves
  • 3 cups basil leaves
  • 125 ml (½ cup) evaporated milk
  • 25 g (¼ cup) walnut pieces, toasted
  • 150 g queso fresco or feta, crumbled
I don't like walnuts so I decided not to use them this time. Here are the ingredients I bought for this week:


Made with Thinglink
(Click here if you can't see the interactive version of my Thinglink project)


The process to make "Tallarines Verdes" wasn't very difficult. I made an infographic to show you the steps. Click here if you want to see the original infographic.

Made with Canva

Something I liked about this recipe is that it didn't call for a lot of ingredients and they were very easy to find in the supermarket. They weren't expensive either. I have a food processor but I think someone could also use a blender to mix the ingredients.
This recipe turned out really delicious! I can't wait to try the next one and share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SUMMARY OF LEARNING

To show you a summary of my learning process, I created a Prezi presentation, which allowed me to show you different topics in an interact...